Friday, February 22, 2008

Soak it up

My dear friend Meghan Alaska left for America this morning at 4am, under the light of the big bright moon. Ugh, horrible, sad Februrary.

I copied this from a travel magazine that I found on the airplane while coming to Senegal. I think its appropriate for now:

THE TRAVELER'S CURSE
By Elivra Lindo

¨It's always me who says goodbye and promises to be back. It becomes a curse which marks your life, an order you obey with resignation, knowing that your soul is scattered around several places in the world and you'll never be able to stop until you're old...until I'm old.¨

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's never easy to say goodbye...

"I Love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
My Cathy you'll be."


~molly

Anonymous said...

Goodbye. Over and over. We just keep adding um up till we get to heaven where the joyful hello never ends. That's the place where we are truely home.