Sunday, June 22, 2008

Africa's Theme Song

I will put up a full Senegal Soundtrack eventually, but this Song ¨Kothbiro¨ by Ayub Ogada, has been the one song that really will ever remind me of Mama Africa. Every time I drive across one of the desert plains, every time I watch the waves crash, every time I'm dancing with the sweet village kids, this song comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RxI6LoyxZ0

(P.S. This YouTube video is not made from scenes from Senegal, but the song is beautiful anyway)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can you translate it for us?

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beatiful. Ironcally while I was veiwing them, Whitney Houston's "I'll Always Love You" was playing on the radio.

It made veiwing them even more special.

Rae said...

Hello, I stumbled upon your blog randomly after seeing the UW Madison link for abroad blogs in an e-mail. It's funny...I was skimming this entry and I happened upon your song recommendation: Ayub Ogada's "Kothbiro." I simply adore this song! Reading about your study abroad experience has been very interesting!!