Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yangy ci jamm.

Here's a real update on me:

I am finishing up exams and papers now. This morning I handed in a really interesting dossier about the comparative politics between the Truth and Reconciliation Committees in South Africa and Morocco. Not that my writitng was interesting, but I have realized just how much I love doing research, especially about topics along these lines.
I have 3 oral exams in French and 4 more theses to write in the next 2 weeks.
All I want to do is spend time with my loves and travel this continent.

I will be returning to the US on July 3, not June 25 as originally planned. It will be interesting to come back right before the country's largest celebration of Americana. I'm pumped, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I hope I dont sleep through it.
At the end of the month, I may travel back down to Casamance to do more research/visit friends. Also, I've been in communication with directors at USAID and the UN to see if I can do a little mini internship. Alors, as Hanzy just told me, on verra.

Neanmoins, I'm starting to feel the Sadness. I want to leave but I want to stay. I'm just gonna enjoy this last month left.

1 comment:

molly said...

YAAAAAYYYY! You get to stay for over a week longer! Alhamdoullilah!

but sad for me because i miss you... and because shmo and i can't wait to see sex and the city again and refuse to go without you and casam.