Tuesday, July 1, 2008

D'nalu Macan

I'm back in Dakar, having left St. Louis in the middle of the night, in the middle of the pouring rain (of course). Saying goodbyes to my loves on campus was one of the hardest things my heart has ever had to do.

I came back to my host family's house only to find that my old room is occupied. I'm not sure where I'm going to sleep tonight in Dakar, but grace has brought me safe this far...

Tomorrow I'm going surfing and spending my last day at the beach, then I fly out at 11 pm. I arrive at 2:30 pm on the 3rd. I'm ready. It's time. But it's heartbreaking in a serious way.

More later. This is too sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI! It's Mom. Looking forward to seeing you at long last!
Hey, tonight is the night to stay at a classy hotel, like you have not done thus far.
Love ya!!