Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sconnie Love

The Cheif of Political Operations at the US Embassy in Morocco leaned over to me and said, "Don't feel bad that you're the only one here from a state school. You should be proud. I'm a Badger too."

All right!
Other Sconnie Love I've encountered in the past 3 days in Morocco:
-On the Sky Mall airplane Magazine, Madison's farmer's market was named one of the Top 10 in the world...next to Paris, london, and Portland
-A random Moroccan historian asked me where I was from and when I told him he said, "OOOohh...Madison is very wel-known here. We love Wisconsin!" What a jolly fella.
-Professors from the UW-Mad are head honchos of the Agricultural Science Department in the Ministry of Agriculture

You keep it real, Madison.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Cathy! I knew you'd be back. And I think you forgot one goal...the Moroccan wedding? Remember? You've got quite the year ahead.Je t'aime!