Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fes fii Fotos!

I've posted some photos on my facebook of scenes from life in Fes. Check them out here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2674441&id=8636371&l=7344838ada

I've gotta admit, Fes is one of the most beautiful places I've ever lived. I had a moment this morning when I ran up to the Merenid Tombs, high above the old medina. I just sat on the ruins and looked over the 12,000-year-old city in the dusty pink morning light. The clouds broke open for a split second and straight beams of light illuminated certain dark alleyways and mosque towers. The city was waking up and I felt very alive and deeply connected to the world far below. I am in love with this place, but I hold on to it loosely, knowing that I will be leaving in about a month. There will always be more tiny alleyways to explore and discoveries to be made and conversations to be had...but this is just one home of homes, and soon it will be time to move on.

1 comment:

wendy said...

How fortunate you are!